The International Association of Arson Investigators is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director based at the IAAI Headquarters in Crofton, Maryland. Competitive salary and benefit package.
We are currently seeking an experienced, professional Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions, and activities of our Association. The ideal candidate will have the skills and confidence needed to be the face of the Association, shouldering the responsibility of providing company-wide strategic direction and implementing a progressive vision for the future. They are able to lead, motivate, create a corporate culture that is value-driven, and enable the Association to fully realize its mission and reach its maximum potential while ensuring compliance with Board directives and applicable rules, guidelines and laws. We are looking for someone with impeccable communication skills, experience in cultivating and maintaining corporate partnerships, a proven track record of successful fundraising and fiscal management, strategic development and implementation, and public relations.
Executive Director Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to develop and implement strategies that will successfully promote the Association’s mission and increase visibility, membership, and revenue.
• Cultivate comprehensive business plans aimed to realize the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors.
• Commitment to providing excellent guidance to managers and committee chairs.
• Ability to remain committed to compliance with all internal policies and legal regulations in every area of the Association’s daily activities, including fostering the development of short and long-term plans, policies, and guidelines in this area.
• Outstanding management skills to direct and oversee investments and fundraising efforts.
• Ability to nurture and maintain meaningful relationships of trust with shareholders, partners, legislative leaders and external authorities that benefit the mission of the Association, while increasing awareness and developing strategies for enhancing the tools, training, and methodologies for conducting fire investigations.
• Poise and strength of character needed to be the public face representing the Association, remaining ever mindful of the need to maintain good PR standing.
• Educate new Board members of their roles and responsibilities.
• Maintaining a solid understanding of the Association’s overall health at all times.
• Ability to work well under pressure, take proactive measures against possible challenges, and resolve issues quickly, managing crises rapidly and effectively when necessary.
Executive Director Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field.
• Five years’ association experience as Executive Director or in other executive-level managerial position.
• Significant experience in developing successful strategies and plans.
• Five years’ experience with a proven track record of successful fundraising and networking.
• Strong working knowledge of corporate finance and metrics of performance
• An in-depth knowledge of corporate management, governance principles, and managerial best practices.
• Aptitude for analytical thinking, capable of creative solutions to solve problems thoroughly and efficiently.
• Impeccable organizational skills and leadership abilities.
• Exceptional oral and written communication abilities and public speaking skills.
• This position is open in the Crofton, Maryland headquarters. Preference will be given to DC, Maryland or Virginia residents.
• Travel to events and conferences nationwide is required.